Cloud Database Engineer at Park Now
Wanted: Cloud Database Engineer to shape a future of mobility!
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
As a member of the systems squad team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing agile AWS-based infrastructure and data management ecosystem.
Responsibilities span across fields of databases and infrastructure, groups to design a secure, agile, effective AWS based environment.
- Work as a part of Database Engineering team to create and manage efficient, flexible and scalable databases systems
- Managing and support MSSQL server and AWS Aurora MySQL databases
- Handle database operations, such as scripts deployment, backup, restore/recoveries, refresh & monitoring
- Supporting various application squads, operations and implementation teams for their day to day database business
- Ensure performance, security, scalability, and availability of MSSQL server and Aurora MySQL databases
- Monitoring database health check, maintenance jobs, and performance of databases
- Supporting database migration from on-premises to AWS RDS cloud
- Work to achieve new heights to make mature database systems with continuous improvement & efforts to have state-of-the-art database solutions
- Adopt to the automation way of working to improve day to day DB task being automated
- Work with infrastructure as a code using Terraform for deploy and maintain the database systems in cloud
- 5 + years of experience with Microsoft SQL server with some experience with MySQL
- Experience administering databases with Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn AWS RDS and Aurora MySQL cloud DB solution in the process
- Experience with MSSQL Always on Availability Groups and failover
- Working with SQL Server database backups, restores, refresh & monitoring
- Expertise in Database performance tuning, optimisation and troubleshooting issues
- Experience in T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and query rewrite for optimization
Preferred knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Amazon Aurora MySQL engine and RDS stack
- AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) and Schema Conversion Tool (SCT) for database migrations to cloud
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS Network components such as VPC, Subnet Groups, Security Groups, etc.
- Understanding of AWS cloud storage solutions Amazon S3, EBS & database Snapshots
- Knowledge around database and associate stack monitoring using native AWS Cloud Watch
- Terraform and Jenkin knowledge, in order to automate and support database administration tasks
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a mobility plan, weekly bootcamps, monthly massages, lunch, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!