Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Bitrise
We are looking for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help design, build, scale and support our build infrastructure that enables our users to build their apps faster.
The Build Infrastructure team operates the Bitrise CI/CD cloud build infrastructure and provides reliable build environments. We work on one of the world’s largest Mac infrastructure, in addition to a sizeable Linux Cloud infrastructure – ensuring it is scalable, maintainable and performant. We follow DevOps and Agile practices and automate everything.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Bitrise you will
- Manage the Mac-based and Linux-based build infrastructure
- Scale the existing infrastructure, fulfilling the ever-increasing demand
- Eliminate work through automation
- Document tribal knowledge
- Manage incidents and conduct post-mortems
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Plan your work in an iterative, agile manner
- Collaborate with other Bitrise teams
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Measure the performance of the infrastructure and anticipate issues before it’d impact customers
Key skills and characteristics
- You have 3-5 years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or in a similar software engineering role
- You managed source code with Git
- You administered Linux, including scripting tasks (Bash, Python)
- You configured firewalls
- You described and deployed systems with Terraform and Ansible
- You have configured and used Continuous Integration systems to automate your processes/pipelines
- You have experience with Google Cloud or other cloud solutions
- You have configured and used system monitoring solutions
- You worked in an international, agile environment
What would really knock our socks off
- OSX administration experience
- Infrastructure testing experience
- Complex VPN setups
- Different areas of computer networks (cloud networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Working in distributed remote teams
What we offer
- A massive amount of freedom and trust while your contributions help shape and grow Bitrise for years to come
- A commitment to invest in your personal growth and development in the form of courses, conferences, book allowance and more
- The opportunity to learn about app development by playing a crucial role in the mobile development process for the world’s most successful companies
- The security of working in a financially stable, growing company with an ever-expanding global customer base
- A modern, recently renovated office environment optimized for comfort and collaboration, stocked with the latest tech*
- The opportunity to travel the world to meet, learn from, and connect to end-users at conferences and meetings, as well as the chance to occasionally work from one of our international offices.
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Transferwise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.