Building an Android app with Compose and Firebase
This talk will cover how to build an Android app with Jetpack Compose and Firebase products, using a real To-do application as an example. Jetpack Compose became stable last year and has been getting more and more popular with Android developers, so it is essential that we understand how this connects to other powerful tools, like Firebase. The topics for this talk are:
- Quick overview of what Compose and Firebase are
- Setting up MVVM architecture in a Compose application
- Handling async methods provided by Firebase in a Compose application
- Using Firebase Authentication to manage users
- Using Firestore to store data remotely
You should leave this talk with a good understanding of what Jetpack Compose and Firebase are and how you can build powerful Android apps combining both.