A crash course of async/await
In this session you’ll learn about one of the biggest buzz words in Software Development, and one of the most awaited (pun intended) features of the Swift world – async/await, also known as Swift Concurrency.
Using Swift Concurrency resolves many of the hurdles of more traditional methods of handling concurrency work such as closures (and callback hell), publishers/observables, etc. Letting you write code that feels synchronous and natural to read, but works asynchronously; making extremely complex asynchronous flows simple.
- What is this async/await thing?!
- Why do we need another concurrency model?
- What are the problems async/await solves?
- How async/await works behind the hood?
- The different types related to modern Swift Concurrency: Tasks, Continuations, Actors, etc.
- How does UIKit and SwiftUI play with Swift Concurrency ?
- How can I bring async/await into my own (possibly legacy) code-base, quickly?
This is going to be a code-heavy talk which will get you on the right track to using the latest and greatest Swift Concurrency features in your code base as soon as you leave the conference!
Speaker: Shai Mishali
Date: 24 June 2022
Time: 13:15 - 14:00