A crash course of async/await
In this session you’ll learn about one of the biggest buzz words in Software Development, and one of the most awaited (pun intended) features of the Swift world – async/await, also known as Swift Concurrency.
Using Swift Concurrency resolves many of the hurdles of more traditional methods of handling concurrency work such as closures (and callback hell), publishers/observables, etc. Letting you write code that feels synchronous and natural to read, but works asynchronously; making extremely complex asynchronous flows simple.
- What is this async/await thing?!
- Why do we need another concurrency model?
- What are the problems async/await solves?
- How async/await works behind the hood?
- The different types related to modern Swift Concurrency: Tasks, Continuations, Actors, etc.
- How does UIKit and SwiftUI play with Swift Concurrency ?
- How can I bring async/await into my own (possibly legacy) code-base, quickly?
This is going to be a code-heavy talk which will get you on the right track to using the latest and greatest Swift Concurrency features in your code base as soon as you leave the conference!