There will be a mix of 40 minutes and 20 minutes talks selected, as well as (variable) keynote presentations.
We expect 150-200 excellent submissions for 30-40 speaking slots. We created a team of subject matter experts that will go through the proposals and will decide what to include in the conference agenda. This is a rough estimation of our schedule and process:
- Anonymize submissions, so we don’t (unconsciously) bias against anything related to the submitter.
- Rate each talk on a scale from 1 to 5.
- De-anonymize so we can bias against speaker details (based on our budget, we might opt for a local or at least closer-by (read: cheaper to transport) speaker).
- Debate the remaining proposals to build an optimal schedule.
- Most speakers will get a response, positive or negative in April.
Note: a select few slots will be filled by speakers that we’ve personally invited or reserved for sponsors.